Jerry Garcia + Merl Saunders, Pacific High Recording Studio, Feb. 6, 1972
Since it’s Jerry’s 70th b-day today, let’s take a break from our Summer of Dead live archive journey and listen to a smoking gig with Merl Saunders. One of my favorite Garcia sets, with the Dead or otherwise. Laid back, stretched out, plugged in. A bit less cosmic than the Dead (though things get pretty cosmic on “Save Mother Earth”), but funkier. The whole band sounds like they’re having a blast. If this is not enough live Garcia for you, let me direct you to the Smada County blog. Oh and here’s the interview that appeared in the issue pictured above.
"Plus An Exclusive Sneak Peak at The Godfather"
"Plus an Exclusive Interview with Stanley Kubrick"
- gratefulhaven likes this
- uribrob likes this
- gordo55 reblogged this from doomandgloomfromthetomb and added:
- gordo55 likes this
- rrrick likes this
- halsf reblogged this from doomandgloomfromthetomb and added:
- djd reblogged this from newspeedwayboogie
- hiplove likes this
- fiftyfortyninety likes this
- hartleymanages likes this
- celebrityfunk likes this
- zippy49 likes this
- newspeedwayboogie reblogged this from doomandgloomfromthetomb and added:
- hartleymanages reblogged this from doomandgloomfromthetomb
- newspeedwayboogie likes this
- doomandgloomfromthetomb posted this